Lead

Jul 4 12 11:59 PM

Tags : :

Martin Scorsese has already started shooting The Wolf Of Wall Street in New York City and he’s assembled quite a cast, one that consists of names like Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Jon Bernthal and Kyle Chandler.

Now, a source who has close ties to the film, is telling us that the director is considering bringing actress Julie Andrews on board. Our source seems pretty confident that talks have begun for Andrews to join but at this point, it is not known which role she is eyeing.

The Wolf Of Wall Street is based on Jordan Belfort’s memoir of the same name, which chronicles his “dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street, along with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life that included drug and alcohol addiction.”

With a stern statuesque presence projecting prim and proper mannerisms, Andrews seems like a perfect fit for any business centric role, possibly a client of Belfort’s, or a competitor from another firm?

We also can’t rule out the possibility of some type of family role, as Belfort used his mother-in-law to launder money through a Swiss bank account. Could we see Andrews play an out of character crooked accomplice?

Again, this is unconfirmed and at this point, is only a rumor. Our source may very well be wrong or he may be right and talks with Andrews just may fall through for whatever reason.

Either way, if this does turn out to be true, remember, you heard it here first.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/julie-andrews-rumored-join-wolf-wall-street/
Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 24 12 12:18 AM

I just finished reading that part of the book and script is almost word for word from that chapter.
Julie Andrews would be good I think.
Thanks.

"Don't be disappointed in other human beings. We're All like that.
You, too.

Clive Robertson.

Quote    Reply   

arnzilla

BLUE CHIP

#4 [url]

Oct 7 12 6:12 AM

I think Joanna Lumley (from TV's "Absolutely Fabulous") may be playing Aunt Patricia.

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/tv-and-radio/silver-sunday-joanna-lumley-on-why-we-should-celebrate-the-elderly-1-2563786

"I’ve just come back from New York where I have been filming with Martin Scorsese [she has a role in The Wolf Of Wall Street] and I am about to go rattling off on this huge documentary in Turkey, India and Oman," she says.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 7 12 12:24 PM

Arnz

Thanks for news about who might actually be playing Aunt Patricia :smile:

Over the years I watched tons of "Absolutely Fabulous" episodes , so it will be interesting to see crazy Patsy as Aunt Patricia

Quote    Reply   

will

BLUE CHIP

#6 [url]

Oct 7 12 11:58 PM

thanks, arnzilla. Yet another comic actor for the cast, but a surprising choice, I'd say... I, like Peanut, only know her from Ab Fab, and a documentary (?) where she was chasing an aurora borealis...
I'm not sure if she can come off as innocent as Patricia is supposed to be in the first scene.

Quote    Reply   

arnzilla

BLUE CHIP

#9 [url]

Oct 28 12 3:11 AM

It's official.

The actress is filming The Wolf Of Wall Street directed by MARTIN SCORSESE but it’s the leading man who pleases her most.

“LEONARDO DI CAPRIO is enchanting,” Joanna, 66, told us.

“He’s professional and kind and courteous. Everyone loves him and he’s not remotely a big starry star, he’s a really good boy. I play his wife’s aunt who looks innocent enough to smuggle money for him.”

Quote    Reply   

will

BLUE CHIP

#10 [url]

Nov 2 12 7:58 AM

Apparently Eileen Atkins was offered the role of Aunt Patricia but had to turn it down.

A month before rehearsals were due to start she was offered a part in Martin Scorsese's new film The Wolf Of Wall Street. 'There were four very nice scenes with Leonardo DiCaprio including a quite sexual kiss in one of them,' she says. 'I would have loved to have done it but there was a chance I would have missed rehearsal time.

'They could not believe I turned it down. Several people called me saying [she mimics an American accent]: "You are doing what? Doing it where? [The play is deliberately appearing in small theatres.] Can't you just tell Sir Trevor to wait a few days?" But I just wanted to do the play and I didn't want to be panicking about missing rehearsals for it. I never felt bad. It's my choice. It's always been my choice.'

I don't remember a sexual kiss between the two...

Quote    Reply   

will

BLUE CHIP

#15 [url]

Nov 21 12 5:23 PM

yes, it's a kiss, indeed! But, it does seem like auntie is caught off guard and tries to stop the action
About the hand, at first I thought it was doing a bit of caressing, but I think he's actually just resting it on his own thigh.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 24 12 12:50 AM

Will & Arnz

As we discussed before , there wasn't a kiss in book....or script copy I have.....infact...the script version sticks to book version that the park meeting was a 'confessional' scene for Jordan with Aunt Patricia acting more like a surrogate mother to him than anything else.

The only other scene I remember of the two of them in script is when Aunt Patricia is dining with Nadine & Jordan, and Jordan keeps dozing off from drugs.

I wonder why they decided to add the kiss bit ???

I wonder if they decided to add Jordan coming on to Aunt Patricia to show how Jordan always thinks the solution to his problems lies in drugs or sex .

Quote    Reply   

Nas78

NASDAQ

#18 [url]

Nov 25 12 7:25 PM

Joanna talked about THAT kiss before filming it...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9700359/Joanna-Lumley-says-I-cant-bear-being-treated-as-special.html

“although, obviously, she’s his aunt, so there are certainly no tongues involved,” she laughs. “Unfortunately, too, she’s a little bit dowdy, so I won’t look my luscious loveliest, which is a shame. Still, I’m going to insist on lots of takes. Take after take. And I shall sleep the night before with my mouth completely covered with lip balm.”

LOL

Quote    Reply   

Nas78

NASDAQ

#19 [url]

Dec 2 12 5:13 PM

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/362064/The-allure-of-the-older-woman-
Joanna talks about Leo.
Apparently Leo and Joanna have been friends since 2004...Who knew...
And Joanna verifies that Leo is a great kisser...in case u r wondering...:grin:

Lumley, who at 66 is a grandmother of two and married to conductor Stephen Barlow, has 28 years on DiCaprio.

The age gap, however, has proved no barrier to their friendship. The pair could not have looked happier when they were photographed in a passionate embrace in a New York park for the forthcoming Martin Scorsese film The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Based on the memoir of sex, drugs, fraud, and mobsters of real-life New York stockbroker Jordan Belfort, played by DiCaprio, Lumley plays Londoner Patricia Mellor, Belfort's aunt-in-law. Despite a 30-year age gap, Jordan and Patricia develop a flirtatious friendship.

In between takes DiCaprio and Lumley laughed and joked but then this is not the first time the pair have encountered each other.

They have, it transpires, been friends for some time, with DiCaprio going along to support her during her Broadway debut, aged 64, in 2004 in the play La Bªte. There is even some suggestion that he may have gently lobbied Scorsese to cast her in the role of Mellor.

"After seeing me on American television in Absolutely Fabulous, Leo came to see me on stage in La Bªte," says Joanna. He clearly made an impression. "Leonardo DiCaprio is enchanting," she says. "He is professional and kind and courteous. Everyone loves him and he is not remotely a big starry star."

Such is their friendship that she even jokingly suggests that she offers advice to the young DiCaprio. "I'm a mentor, obviously, to Leo. He does nothing without my say-so," she jokes. "Seriously though, he is terrific: a lovely, proper, professional, really fine actor. He is sensational and very beautiful too."

Their on-screen embrace was, says Lumley, not an unwelcome addition to the four scenes she shares with DiCaprio admitting rather naughtily that the actor was a "great" kisser.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help