arnzilla

BLUE CHIP

#3 [url]

Jun 29 12 12:54 AM

I wanted to confirm that Nadine had a Brooklyn accent because a couple of sites have mentioned the fact that she was born in the UK. So here are two excerpts from the book:

And the Duchess of Bay Ridge had a vicious temper. Yes, she was a duchess, all right—a Brit by birth, who still carried a British passport. It was a wonderful fact she never failed to remind me of. Yet, it was all very ironic, since she had never actually lived in Britain. In fact, she had moved to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, when she was still a baby, and it was there, in the land of dropped consonants and tortured vowels, where she was raised. Bay Ridge; it’s that tiny corner of the earth where words like fuck and shit and bastard and prick roll off the tongues of young natives with the poetic panache of T. S. Eliot and Walt Whitman. And it was there that Nadine Caridi—my lovable English, Irish, Scottish, German, Norwegian, and Italian mutt-of-a-duchess—learned to tie her curses together, as she was learning to tie the laces on her roller skates.
The two policemen looked at each other and shrugged. They lifted me up by my armpits and walked me to the police car.

Just then the Duchess came running out, screaming in her Brooklyn accent, “Where the fuck do you think you’re taking my husband? He’s been home with me all night! If you guys don’t let him go you’ll both be working in Toys ’R’ Us next week!”

Quote    Reply   

arnzilla

BLUE CHIP

#4 [url]

Jun 29 12 2:10 AM

I found Nadine's Facebook page. I think that's Channy with her in her profile pic. If you sign in, there are a bunch of pics from 2008. Here's a pic of Nadine taken last month. The Jersey Shore's "The Situation" is to her right. Here's another one of Nadine with Mike the Situation in front of her, also from last month. The gray-haired guy in both pics is her new husband John, CEO of Wizard World, Inc. Nadine has a masters in clinical psychology and this is probably her thesis.

................John and Nadine

Quote    Reply   

arnzilla

BLUE CHIP

#6 [url]

Jul 6 12 6:33 AM

Excerpt from Catching the Wolf of Wall Street:

Bloated attorney Dominic Barbara (famous clients include the The Buttafuocos of Massapequa) was a regular on Howard Stern's radio show.

This looks like it's from John and Nadine's wedding.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help